Sorry for not posting in a while, school been really busy recently!
Anyway I've been doing heaps of cooking recently and unfortunately not a lot of my recipes have worked out :(
THAT IS until a couple nights ago when I made some of the nicest cookies ever, you'd never even know they had no dairy, gluten or sugar!
P.S. I personally am intolerant to dairy and gluten so that's why this recipe has none of that :)
The Little Blog's Cinnamon Cookies -Makes Approx. 14 cookies
- 1 and a 1/2 cup gluten free self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup plain gluten free flour
- 85g coconut oil
-85g dairy free margarine (I used Nutalex lite)
- 1 and 1/2 cup evaporated cane juice
- 2 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1 medium egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbspn cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1 large bowl
- 1 medium bowl
- 2 baking trays w/ baking paper
- electric mixer
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
2. In a medium bowl sift self-raising flour, plain flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and ground allspice. (Mix together with a spoon/spatula).
3. In a large bowl using an electric mixer, cream together coconut oil and margarine. Then add in evaporated cane juice and blend into a smooth, creamy consistency.
4. Mix egg, egg yolk and vanilla extract into the wet mixture.
5. Mix dry ingredients into the wet mixture in parts.
6. Bake for 15 minutes.
7. Leave for at least 10 minutes without touching, to harden.
8. Lift off tray, eat, enjoy or store for later!
Hope you enjoy this yummy cookie recipe as much as I did! My family were snatching these off the tray as soon as they were ready and I brought them to school the next day for my friends.
Good luck and enjoy!